If you don’t know who Jenna Marbles is, she is known for her funny and edgy videos and has carved out a worthwhile career through her YouTube Channel. She has attained heights of success through an incredible career of being a Youtuber.
So what camera does Jenna Marbles use for her YouTube videos? From various sources I found out that she uses Canon EOS 80D camera and Canon PowerShot G7 X Mark II. She uses the two cameras for recording videos for her YouTube Channel that has more than 20.1 Million subscribers.
Having found out about the cameras Jenna Marbles uses, I did some research to know more about what’s good in those cameras that she has chosen them.
I looked for their key features and specifications, their operation and controls, and the quality of picture and videos they produce.
So, if you are planning to buy a new camera, here you will find all the details about Jenna Marbles’ cameras.
Jenna Marbles’ choice of camera brand
The abundance of YouTube videos and Vlogs like Jenna Marbles uploads means that she requires spotless video quality apart from creative content. So, Jenna Marbles uses Canon EOS 80D camera and Canon PowerShot G7 X Mark II for shooting her videos. This clearly means that her preference and choice is Canon cameras.
Canon is well known for its top-quality cameras and it is regarded as a qualified camera brand, and therefore, we can say that Jenna Marbles has chosen a brand that delivers the best to her audience.
The two Canon cameras that she uses include a Digital SLR Camera (which is the Canon EOS 80D) and a pocket-sized, larger sensor, digital point-and-shoot camera that offers a DSLR-like experience and creativity (Canon PowerShot G7 X Mark II). Let’s explore these two cameras further:
Canon EOS 80D—Key Features
In one of her videos titled ‘We bought A House’ uploaded on May 16, 2018, Jenna can be seen holding her Canon EOS 80D camera.
In all the videos she uploaded after that, we can see that her videos are smooth, the quality of the image is crisp and clear, and the focus is never blurry. Here are all the features that make this possible:
- The Canon EOS 80D is an enthusiast-level DSLR, and the successor to 70D.
- With a flip screen, optical image stabilization, 3″ 1.04M-dot articulating touchscreen and 7 fps continuous shooting with Auto Focus (AF), the camera has all the right ingredients to produce a professional quality video or still image. It eliminates any ‘shaky’ effect during the video so that a smooth result is obtained during moving shoots.
- Alongside these key features, it also has a weather-resistant body, 24MP APS-C CMOS sensor with Dual Pixel AF and 1080/60p video capture, which means, it makes a great Vlogging camera for YouTubers since they can carry it anywhere they like without worrying much about weather changes.
- The camera has an amazing 24 MP sensor that offers much better dynamic range than its predecessor 70D. The sensor is not just better in terms of the pictures it can capture but also because of the Dual Pixel AF it offers that allows continuous focus during video capture as well as still capture in live view mode.
- The touchscreen interface that Canon 80D makes use of makes it easy to focus on and fire the shutter with just a finger tap.
- The camera is really easy to operate with a single hand, which is another positive of it.
- Last, but not the least, it also offers flicker detection feature. This comes in really handy for when shooting videos since it warns of detecting a flicker from lightening so that you can use different shutter speeds and avoid brightness fluctuation as you shoot your video.
In what ways is Canon EOS 80D better than its predecessor Canon EOS 70D?
While I listed down all the features of the Canon EOS 80D camera, it is also important to know in what ways it is better than its predecessor Canon EOS 70D.
While Canon 80D looks nearly identical to its predecessor, there is a considerable improvement in the later version.
The specs are a lot better and the addition of touchscreen with an easy-to-use interface adds to the ease of its use. The 80D is also a step ahead in terms of the sensor it has been given.
The dynamic range offered by 80D is much better, while the touch focus capabilities it has, makes it a more appealing one for video.
Canon PowerShot G7 X Mark II
When Jenna Marbles is not using the Canon EOS 80D, it is most likely that she is using the pocketable Canon PowerShot camera. Here is a screenshot from her video ‘Giving My Boyfriend Acrylic Nails’ uploaded on May 18, 2017, where we can see her using the Canon PowerShot G7 X Mark II camera.
The compact little camera brings DSLR-like creativity because of the wide range of such feature that it offers.
The mid to top range camera features a flip screen and optical image stabilization apart from many other features, which is great for content creators who are looking for a well-performing affordable option. Some of its key features include:
- With a lens of f/1.8-2.8, 24mm 4.2x optical zoom and ISO up to 12,800, the image quality that this camera offers is clear and crisp.
- 1.0-type back-illuminated 20.1 Megapixel CMOS sensor offered in this camera means that in any light, some good shots are produced.
- The lens of this camera has a fast maximum aperture range of f1.8-2.8 and equivalent focal range of 24-100mm.
- Full HD 1080/60p movies can be shot with Canon PowerShot G7 X Mark II with the creative flexibility of variable frame rates including 24, 25, 30, 50 and 60 fps
- Steady movies and images can be produced with it since it offers a 4-stop intelligent optical image stabilizer with dual sensing IS technology.
- Wi-Fi button facilitates the use of Wi-Fi functions in the camera, which lets you to transfer photos or videos easily from your camera to your phone.
- The tilting rear LCD is touch-friendly, and can be tilted to enable you see yourself in it as you shoot your videos. The intuitive tilt-up touchscreen LCD that can be flipped by 180 degrees and down 45 degrees can also help you shoot from different angles.
Overall, the Canon PowerShot G7 X Mark II is a well-designed camera that offers a versatile focal range and assures a non-shaky image as you record your video while walking around.
The quality of image it produces is good while its advanced controls and features make it a handy camera for all those capturing needs. For those looking for a pocket-friendly option that gives good performance in low light conditions and offers good control over depth-of-field, this is a really nice option to consider.
So, these were the features of the cameras Canon EOS 80D and Canon PowerShot G7 X Mark II that Jenna Marbles primarily uses for recording her videos.
Both of them are really good choices for vlogging as well as photography with some really useful features.