Roman Atwood is a big name in the YouTube and vlogging world.
He is regarded as one of the most popular YouTubers/Vloggers of the current times, with more than 15 million subscribers of his vlogging channel “RomanAtwoodVlogs” and above 5 billion views on his videos.
He is best known for his vlogs in which he shares updates about his life and children in fun ways.
Since Roman Atwood has a huge following and audience, he makes use of cameras that he can depend on for his vlogs.
So, what cameras does Roman Atwood use? Roman Atwood uses the Canon 1DX Mark II or 5D Mark IV. For vlogging, he uses two point-and-shoot cameras: the Sony CyberShot RX100 IV and the Canon PowerShot G7 X Mark II. When filming an in-home vlog, he can usually be seen using one of the two point-and-shoots, while for other various situations he uses the DSLRs depending on his needs.
Like many other vloggers, Roman Atwood also prefers the two most reputable and reliable brands—Canon and Sony.
The cameras that he uses are a popular choice amongst vloggers on YouTube because of their ability to record high-quality videos.
In this article, we explore the features of the four cameras that Roman Atwood relies on for his vlogs.
Key Features of Roman Atwood’s Camera: Canon 1DX Mark II
Canon has brought the best of the EOS-1D Series of digital cameras into one phenomenal model—the Canon EOS-1DX DSLR.
Released in March 2012, the camera is one of the most popular models of Canon and is a preference of many vloggers like Roman Atwood.
For all those looking for sharp, crisp images in all light conditions, this camera is a must-have.
Following are some of the key features of this amazing camera:
- The EOS 1DX Mark II features a 20.2 megapixels CMOS sensor that helps in capturing impressive images with detailed results in almost all lighting conditions
- It has a 61 point high-density Reticular AF II system with 41 cross-type points to enable you to film high-definition videos on-the-go, regardless of the place you are in.
- The EOS 1DX Mark II has the capability of continuous shooting at a high speed. It is capable of shooting up to 14 frames per second full-resolution RAW or JPEG images and up to 16 fps in Live View Mode.
- The new Dual DIGIC 6+ processor brings increased capability of continuous shooting and processing as compared to its predecessors.
- The EOS 1DX Mark II camera is also capable of 4K video capture with up to 60 fps with an 8.8MP still frame capture. For full HD 1080p video, you can capture up to 120 fps for slow motion. These video capabilities become one of the major reasons to prefer this camera over various others.
- In addition, the camera can also track subjects for videos and images impressively and accurately because of its new EOS Intelligent Tracking and Recognition AF.
In general, the Canon EOS 1DX Mark II is a remarkable camera that gives an impressive performance and delivers clean and sharp images and videos quickly and in all kinds of conditions.
Key Features of Roman Atwood’s Camera: Canon 5D Mark IV
The Canon 5D Mark IV is another phenomenal camera that is preferred by a number of vloggers because of its all-round performance and reliability.
It is designed perfectly to deliver strikingly clear details in both videos and stills, regardless of the place and light conditions the photographer is shooting in.
The key features of Canon 5D Mark IV include:
- The camera has 30.4MP full frame CMOS sensor to deliver high contrast, clear and crisp images and 4K video clips.
- It has up to 7.0 frames per second (fps) continuous shooting speed. The speed may vary on the basis of the shutter speed, aperture, the lens being used etc. but it provides accurate exposure and focus tracking.
- The Canon EOS 5D Mark IV camera also has the ability of recording 4K videos at up to 30 fps
- The camera ISO range is also note-worthy. The ISO range of the camera is wide (100-32000) and thrives at low-light photography.
- The EOS 5D Mark IV also has a super-fast autofocus. The Dual Pixel CMOS AF and Touch AF in this camera for both video and Live shooting means that you get easy touch operation and excellent tracking.
- The operation of this camera is enhanced with the DIGIC 6+ image processor that offers continuous shooting at up to 7.0 fps.
- The camera also comes with built-in Wi-Fi, GPS and a touch LCD for easy navigation.
The Canon EOS 5D Mark IV is an amazing camera that offers superb image and video quality, remarkable performance and versatility. The camera delivers to not just vloggers and YouTubers, but portrait and wedding photographers, and nature and landscape shooters can also benefit from and appreciate its brilliance.
Key Features of Roman Atwood’s Camera: Canon G7X Mark II
For a lot of in-home vlogging, Roman Atwood can be seen using the compact, easy to carry point-and-shoot camera Canon G7X Mark II.
The camera is packed with numerous features that make it a popular choice.
Although it is small in size, its performance and image quality is many times comparable to professional cameras and DSLRs.
Following are the features that make Canon G7X Mark II stand out:
- The camera has a fast 4.2x optical zoom lens for capturing far-away images and videos with precision
- It comes with a 1.0 inch, 20.1MP CMOS sensor and DIGIC 7 Image Processor for capturing sharp details in most of the environments. Hence, vlogging about daily experiences like Roman Atwood does is easier with G7X Mark II.
- Canon G7X also enables capturing action shots easily with high-speed continuous shooting of up 8.0fps in RAW, JPEG, and RAW+JPEG.
- The camera facilitates operation by providing a high-resolution 3.0” LCD touch-screen that can be tilted up to 180 degrees and down to 45 degrees. This enables capturing images are various angles, while the touch-screen allows control and access to various settings on screen with simply a touch.
- Furthermore, the camera also has Wi-Fi and NFC option that helps in transferring photos to your phone or other devices easily and on-the-go convenience.
Key Features of Roman Atwood’s Camera: Sony CyberShot RX100 IV
Sony is regarded as one of the best-selling camera brands, with some really popular cameras to its credit from point-and-shoot to DSLRs.
Amongst their popular cameras is the Sony RX100 IV. The camera is a choice of many vloggers including Roman Atwood and for all the right reasons.
Its brilliance is reflected in the image quality and performance it delivers.
Some its outstanding features are listed below:
- The camera has a 20.1MP 1-inch stacked CMOS EXMOR RS sensor. This is accompanied by a fast shutter speed of up to 1/32000 for minimizing distortion.
- The CyberShot RX100 IV is though a pocket sized camera but it allows 4K video recording directly to the SD card
- The camera is also capable of capturing slow motion videos at up to 40x slower than real time i.e. up to 960fps
- The Auto Focus of the camera is intelligent and fast, thanks to the new Exmor RS CMOS sensor. As compared to its previous models, the camera incorporates a system that helps in high-speed, high-precision contrast detection.
- The camera also comes with built-in Wi-Fi and NFC for simple and easy connectivity to compatible phones or tablets.
- The camera is also equipped with a retractable XGA OLED Tru-Finer viewfinder to allow viewing every scene in rich detail. This means you can accurately focus, see the impact of your camera settings, and witness the results.
- Like various other popular point-and-shoot cameras, Sony RX 100 IV also comes with a 3” LCD display that can be rotated at various angles.
So, these were the cameras that Roman Atwood uses to record his vlogs and YouTube videos.
Each of them comes with features that allow them to deliver brilliant-quality still images and videos.